Some of our favorite spots to eat and drink around the world…
– Scampo – Had the most delicious Valentine’s dinner here in 2014. We were seated very late so the kitchen manager plied us with free apps and glasses of wine; it was amazing! The food is very, very good. Skip the North End and come here. Seriously.
– Porto Rico Importing Co: My friend Lauren turned me onto their coffee beans back in 2008 and I’ve been a loyal customer ever since. Step inside and inhale – it’s incredible.
– Pio Pio: Another Lauren-recommendation. We try to eat here every time we visit the city because it is the most delicious Peruvian fare around. You want to order “the matador” special (a rotisserie chicken unlike any you’ve ever had and a bevy of delicious sides that will FILL your table and stomach) and a pitcher (or two!) of the (red) sangria. Thank me later.
– UVA: Got lunch here before we went to see the Rockefeller tree in 2013. SO GOOD! As usual, I wanted Brian’s food. He got this delicious pasta with white wine and julienned veggies. My gnocchi was delicious, don’t get me wrong. Amazing wines by the glass. Cute spot. Try to sit inside in winter (cozier) or outside on the patio in summer (prettier).
– Ciro’s: Owned by a family with a lot of handsome brothers, I lived just up the street but stupidly never tried this once. Brian introduced me to it on our trip back and I fell in love. He suggested the balsamic steak with fingerling potatoes. It’s not on the menu, but if you ask, they’ll make it for you. So good. The pizzas are also delicious.