I spent thousands of hours designing and planning my own wedding. How I worked 70+ hours at work too is beyond me — I was a basket case. But I know that much attention to every last decision and detail is not possible for most brides and it must be frustrating to not have all the time you need. So I’d be honored to help you.
Ultimately, I want to make sure your wedding is everything you want it to be. If you decide to work with me, we will need to talk a lot in the beginning especially so we can determine exactly what you need of me, to define your vision, your level of maintenance and involvement, your budget, and the scope of the wedding you envision. Depending on your needs, I’m happy to do a lot of the legwork of a full-service planner including but not limited to hiring vendors, negotiating contracts, coordinating appointments and managing vendors on the day of the wedding. I’d love to be a sounding board and source of inspiration for your event design and style too.
I learned a lot from the experience and know I could help guide, motivate, and inspire you throughout the planning process. I’m not certain yet exactly how involved you will need me to be, so I offer a variety of package options. I’m happy to go over all of this with you, answer questions, and adjust after we’ve talked so that everyone will be happy with any agreement we come up with.
I can talk, text, FaceTime, Skype — If you’re not local, I will even fly out if you need me to as we get started!
One of the first things I would ask of you and your fiancé/fiancée, is to sit down together as soon as possible and create a list prioritizing the most important things to you as a couple for your wedding day. Maybe you may want a rustic, vintage, romantic feel, but your families want something entirely different. I can find a way to make it work but we need to determine your wedding priorities first.
My husband and I decided we wanted a visually beautiful wedding and for our friends and family to have an unforgettable time. It was all about their experience celebrating with us on the day. So our priorities were:
1. Beautiful venue + decor — For us and our guests to enjoy.
2. Amazing photographer and videographer — This was for purely for us. We were spending all this time and effort putting together this wedding so wanted to completely capture the day so we’d always remember it.
3. Amazing DJ — For us and our guests to enjoy.
4. Open bar/Delicious food — For us and our guests. It was an incredible party.
Once you figure these things out, the next steps are:
1. Determine specific date ASAP.
2. Get a final guest count ASAP
3. Determine your budget.
4. Start reaching out to venues to figure out packages, size limits, and if they are free on your date.
5. Start reaching out to photographers.
6. Decide if you want a band or DJ and start reaching out to them for availability and pricing.