Look what we had waiting for us when we returned from our honeymoon. Dozens of postcards from friends and family detailing their favorite memories from our wedding, advice for the future, and wishes for our new life. Possibly one of the best, easiest, most meaningful, and inexpensive little DIY projects we did for our wedding. THANK YOU ALL so much for taking the time to fill these out and return them to us. They made our return from paradise a little brighter.
How we did ours:
1. First, we purchased an assortment of Boston postcards. If we’d thought of it sooner, we could have sought out cards from the various places we’ve traveled to together like Florence or NYC, or even Hawaii, to make it more personal.
2. Then we stamped and addressed them to ourselves. Don’t forget to write “the Newlyweds” or Mr. and Mrs. (whatever names will be). We thought our Aloha stamps were perfect.
3. Finally, we tucked a card into each hotel gift bag along with a welcome letter asking friends and family to please fill them out with and leave them at the front desk so we would have something to look forward to when we got home from our honeymoon. (Mission accomplished. We had over 30 to read through!)
A few additional tips for other brides out there:
– Destination wedding? Give TWO pre-stamped postcards. One filled out for you and one for each guest/couple
– We purposely opted to do these via our hotel gift bags and not at the wedding so friends and family wouldn’t feel rushed to fill them out or share a favorite memory from the evening before it had even ended. But with some forethought, I bet it could be done at a wedding as well.