I’m happy to report that January did NOT pass in a total blur of denial that Christmas is over. Nor did I exhaust myself in an attempt to eat healthier, go to the gym every day, or read more. (I did many of those things but not because they were resolutions.)
We kicked off 2013 with the perfect mix of family, friends, food and fun. In no particular order, some of our favorite memories this month:
- A trip to CT for Lulu’s 1st birthday and paint-priming at Matthew’s new house
- Our “Downtown dinner” with Michelle, Mike, Amelia, and a delicious baked brie
- Some snuggling on the couch while I pretended to watch football
- A literary return to Hawaii via this great read
- A touching gift from the Brookline Advisory Committee on my last night
- A Saturday morning “Chocolate Tea” at Upstairs on the Square
- That HEAVENLY pecan sticky bun breakfast at Flour followed by wanderings around the Boston Public Library
- A sparkly, champagne-filled New Year’s Eve in Boston with friends
- Ogling Giselle and Kate Moss in Mario Testino’s MFA exhibit with Michelle
- SO MUCH snow storm-inspired cooking and baking
- And to get us excited for Valentine’s Day, the annual cookie baking/decorating session (and a bottle of red) with Stacey.
February, you have a lot to live up to.